Reese Jaclyn Goslee

Reese Jaclyn Goslee
Blue Eyed Beauty

Friday, June 20, 2008

It's been 3 months...











Oh, my beautiful Reese.... it has been 3 months since you left us. We all miss you soo much! I still am in complete shock that this is my life!! I feel like every time the 18th rolls around I replay that phone call from your daddy over and over again in my head. I still can't believe what I heard him say when I picked up the other line. How did this happen to our wonderful family. There is all these crazies in the world and we loose a beautiful precious baby girl that I know was going to change the world. I just always had this feeling about you. I still believe you are going to change the world Reese..... daddy and I were talking and we want to start a foundation in your memory to help raise money to help find a cure for SIDS.

Noah's 3rd birthday is on Monday, we are having his birthday party on Sunday June 22nd. You know that is also your godmother Aunt Jaclyn's birthday. Mommy is really nervous about the party. I just know what a difficult day it is going to be to get through. You were supposed to be here with us 7 1/2 months and smiling, maybe crawling, trying some birthday cake. I am sure you would probably have a cute little tooth by now, if not you would be well on your way. Oh, Reese please give me the strength to get through Sunday and Monday without being a complete basket case. Noah is going to have fun though, mommy and daddy got him a moonbounce. He is just going to love it.

Well, Reese mommy is going to go now. I will be back soon. I'll let you know how the party went and how much fun Noah had. I love you soo much Reesie Cup, you are always in my thoughts. Every second of everyday. Maybe you can give mommy a sign that you are here with us. I love you Reese! Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Renee said...

Kelly,
I am so very sorry for the loss you and your family has been going thru since Reece's passing. I have been wanting to write to you for some time now. I do know from my own experience with Abbey the missing never stops, the empty spot in Matts and your heart will never be filled. It will never be better. But I can tell you it will be different. That baby of yours was such a beautiful little girl and taken much too soon... There will never be an answer or reason why. Your baby should still be here with her family.
If you would ever like to talk, even if it feels uncomfortable at first, you would be surprised how comforting it can be to talk to someone who has had their child taken from them. The last eighteen months without Abbey has been heartwrenching. There is not a day that goes by that I do not cry for my little goose. I belong to several support groups and I also go to counseling. Just knowing that there are people out there hurting as much as me and are still able to get up daily is an inspiration to me. Personally, I would prefer to lay in bed all day, however that is not an option.
We both have other children counting on us. Which is not always an easy thing. I am still working on being in the same room with my other kids without being so aware Abbey is not there.
Please Kelly, if you ever want to talk just let me know. I am here for you.
Fondly,
Renee Rodkey
mommy of Abbey - my little sunshine
06-14-94 ~ 12-02-06

Anonymous said...

Hey Ressie Cup - It is Aunt Jenny. I want you to know how much we all love you. I am so angry and confused as to why you were taken from mommy and daddy. They love you very much and so do I. You are my 3rd favorite kid - sorry it is just the order of how you guys were born. Maddy is my favorite kid and Noah is my 2nd favorite kid so that makes you my 3rd favorite kid. I love you and think about you every day. I have your picture everywhere. Keep mommy, daddy, Maddy and Noah safe and be sure to send them some smiles I know they all need it right now. Help them get through this baby girl. I will be visiting you very soon. I love you Reesie Cup - love always Aunt Jenny