Reese Jaclyn Goslee

Reese Jaclyn Goslee
Blue Eyed Beauty

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today is the 1-year mark for that dreaded phone call


Reese,

Hey baby girl. I wanted to write you to first off say Happy St. Paddy's Day (I know I am a day later and I apologize). Needless to say, we did not celebrate it. I don't think it will every be the same to be honest with you. Today is the 1-year mark where I received that nightmarish phone call from Office McGrath of the Ridley Twp police dept. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was exactly around this exact same time (that I am posting this). You were dropped off by Mommy at the babysitters around 9:15 and I was working in Broomall. I came out of one of my accounts in the Lawrence Park shopping center and that is when my cell phone rang. I was so confused by what I heard on the other line from him. That is exactly the point that our lives were turned upside down. Everything after that I can remember but it was like I was looking in at a horror movie or something from the outside...like what was happening was just some crazy dream. My thoughts have really not changed even a year later...I still think it is a nightmare and not real. We are still so numb, angry, upset...every possible feeling we have gone through and it's horrible; I would never wish this on my worst enemy. We are planning your 1st benefit (which will be June 6th). Everyone has been great and has offered help. We know it will be a big success and a step in the right direction to end SIDS forever. We are going through so many emotions today and Friday will be very tough as well obviously. We love you baby girl and think about you every second of every day. We will never forget you and your beautiful blue eyes and crooked smile. You are going to be a big sister soon and we will keep you updated on that. Your little sis will be here April 28th (most likely before). It is definitely bittersweet. We are so excited and very scared at the same time. No one can replace you and we know she will be her own little person. I love you princess and we will write again very soon. Keep smiling and keep us safe!
--Daddy--

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hey Kelly and Matt, Thinking of you all especially this week and only wish we could take away the Reesie shaped hole that you have in your hearts. Reese will always be your beautiful blue eyed baby girl, a beautiful little peanut that touched more lives then you will ever know. Gone from the world as we know it, but with you always till the end of time.

"A life so brief,
A child so small,
You had the power to touch us all"

Renee said...

Kelly,
I am so very sorry for the pain you and Matt are going through. Unfortunately, I know it all to well. There is nothing that I can say that will take the emptiness away. I will light a special candle for our precious blue-eyed girls.
Renee - Abbeys mommy
www.virtualmemorials.com
abbey rodkey